My brain is full of things I'd like to write, discuss and blog... but I'm having a hard time thinking of one thing long enough to write an entire post. So, here's my brain in bullet points.
- The last two weeks have been NOTHING like I expected. But they are improving daily and I am moving forward with life.
- I went to IKEA and bought the kids Each a desk and a chair. I found a desk top for $5.99 and legs for $3.50 each. I sprung for the special $25 chair and they were thrilled! They think it's a nice gift from Mom but really it's so I can send them to their rooms and still expect them to complete their homework. (Hannah's desk is white with pink legs and a pink chair. Chris' desk is black with silver legs and a green chair.)
- I've been working hard on my StrengthsFinder trainings and really enjoying myself. In a couple of weeks I'm hosting a Strengths and Spirituality discussion in the hopes that I can draw some links between how we are created and how we find energy in our relationship with God. I'm really excited to talk Strengths with people who get Strengths.
- I've been thinking a lot about addiction. I know that people say they are addicted to food but am I addicted to food? It makes me happy, really happy. Sometimes I hide in the bathroom to eat a piece of candy and then rinse my mouth out so my kids don't know I ate it. I have very little self control about food and can eat an entire bowl of M&Ms... or an entire bowl of raw veggies if I'm on a diet. I think about food in between meals and eat when I'm not hungry, just because food tastes so good. I still am not convinced that I'm addicted to food. But, I've been thinking a lot about the concept.
- I've been trying to get into a stable routine for the last six months and something derails my attempts every single time. Maybe a lack of routine is my new normal. If I accept that am I being strong or weak?
- I read a My Utmost devotion the other day and have been thinking a lot about this: "Paul was not given a message or a doctrine to proclaim. He was brought into a vivid, personal, overpowering relationship with Jesus Christ. Paul was devoted to a Person, not to a cause." This is such a freeing concept for me. I don't have to be devoted to a message, doctrine or cause... or even a church. I only have to be in relationship with the Lord. That's it. Acts 26:16 - I have appeared to you to appoint you as servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of Christ.
- My son Christopher has been a crazy beast these last few weeks, a boy but a boyX10 - non stop potty talk, burping, farting, spitting, motion-motion-motion, hitting, lying, throwing things, ignoring me, teasing his sister. The other morning I said, "It seems like you want me to pay attention to you." And he said yes. I said, "How about if I play cards with you and pay attention to you that way so you don't have to be a crazy person to get my attention." And he said ok. And then he calmed down and we played cards. I really hope that line works for a couple more weeks.
- I made a low carb dessert and took pictures of it. I will post them soon.
- I'm rebooting my New Year's Goals and trying again... especially the eating healthy and blogging often parts.
So, that's about it. Well... it's never "it" with me, but that's what I can think of right now. Hopefully I'll be back on a blogging schedule now.